Thursday, January 27, 2011

Potty Training Moments

Maybe I'll start posting on here on a regular basis...hahaha!! Yeah, right! I did want to post one more thing. This actually happened a while ago, but I have been telling myself that I have to write it down. I wish I could remember when exactly, but I know Grayson was about three and a half because it was the summer after Brielle was born.

I was sitting in the car with Grayson and feeding Brielle in the back seat of our van. We were at the park and the bigger kids were playing on the jungle gym in front of me when Grayson said, "Mommy, I have to go poop!"

"Do you think you can hold it for just a minute while I finish feeding your sister?" I asked.

"Yeah, I can hold it." he said.

"Okay, try really hard to hold it! I'll hurry." Then as a little bit of an afterthought I added, "Squeeze your cheeks together." We were finishing up potty training at the time so I didn't want any relapses. I turned around to give Brielle a few more bites and then turned back to see how Grayson was doing. He was looking out the window, watching his brothers, with both hands on either side of his face and his mouth squished up between those hands. I instantly realized what he was doing. "Squeezing his ‘cheeks’ together."

One of the funniest moments I have had with my children.

No comments: